Nebraska PLSS Corners
Thank you for your contribution. Your efforts will provide land surveyors, GIS users and all geospatial professionals with accurate Public Land Survey System corner positions. Please restrict uploads to positons you consider survey grade which were observed using accepted Static, RTN or RTK procedures. Refer to the NGS Guidelines V3.1, April 2014 for more information.
Upload files in a comma delimited text or spreadsheet format.
Each record in the upload file will contain five fields: PID, Latitude, Longitude, HAE, Description
- PID: Seven character corner code
- Latitude: DD.MMSSssss format
- Longitude: -DD.MMSSssss format
- HAE: Ellipsoid height in meters
- Description: Free form text, 40 characters maximum.
PID: Format = TTRRNDX where TT = Township, RR = Range, NDX = Point code
Point code: Townships West are indexed with the actual number, townships East are indexed with the actual number plus 70.
Points are indexed North to South (A-Z, letter I omitted) and West to East (1-25). Index chart available here. PDF
- NW corner Sec. 8-T16N-R17W = 1617E05
- West quarter corner Sec. 23, T14N, R12E = 1482P17
Points not falling on the grid, meander and witness corners for example, are indexed to the closest corner with information added in the Description field.
File naming format: Name-YYYYMMDD-#.ext
Name: Information to identify the submitter such as LS number, company, county, etc.
YYYYMMDD: Observation date. If not included the submission date will be used.
#: Frame reference
- Positions derived by OPUS or DigiFarm (Transit Works, A&D) RTN using reference frame 83-11
- Positions derived by OPUS (prior to 2012) or Seiler RTN using reference frame 83-CORS.
- Positions derived from in-ground control using 83-HARN.
- Positions derived from in-ground control using pre 83-HARN reference frames.
- Positions derived by RTK from an autonomous base position not directly tied to a reference frame.
Such positions must be relative to accurate positions observed on the same day or from the same base position on different days.